Sunday, June 29, 2008

“Celebrity Goddess” Jennifer Moore



Recently, I had the pleasure of getting to know Jennifer Moore, creator of Pink Heels. Jennifer is a dynamic woman who is impacting the lives of others and having fun doing it. What a great way to share her talents!

Tell our readers what prompted you to start Pink Heels.
I started Pink Heels as a result of being burned out from the corporate world. I was working 60+ hours a week without any opportunity to take vacation time to recharge my batteries. I didn't even have time to spend time with friends or family. My entire life revolved around work. I was in desperate need of finding balance in my life. One day I decided to quit my hectic career and do absolutely nothing for several months.
As I was in the midst of my sabbatical, I was exploring my next steps. After considering my skills, talents, education, and what I enjoy doing, I came up with the beginnings of Pink Heels. Initially it was only a career coaching and business consulting business but the yoga studio and boutique was added later.

What were the biggest challenges you have faced and how did you overcome them?
The biggest challenge of starting Pink Heels is dealing with the initial unknown. Do I have the right marketing strategy? Have I hired the right people? Do I have all of the right pieces in place to be successful?

What are some lessons you learned so far?
Patience and perseverance are essential to build a successful business. You have to keep on moving forward during the challenging moments and be willing to ride out long periods of downtime. There are no guarantees but if you believe in your service and product, everything will work out.

What suggestions do you have for those women who are looking for a life and career change?
Understand your limitations. Can you survive without a steady income? Can you forego vacations? Are you willing to work 24/7? Do you have the skills necessary to be successful? Do you need a career/business coach/consultant? Be realistic about what you can and cannot do before proceeding.

What is the most rewarding thing about what you do?
The positive comments, hugs, and little gifts that I receive from the women who benefit from the various components of Pink Heels is priceless. It is incredibly rewarding knowing that I am impacting the lives of women for the better. It is the best non-job EVER!

Tell our readers about how they can contact you or participate in an event.
The main web site is www.Pink-Heels.com. Pink Heels also has a blog full of great information at Pink-Heels.blogspot.com

In appreciation of your support of Pink Heels and to help everyone jump start their career, we are offering a HUGE DISCOUNT during the months of July and August. You have the choice between two options:

Resume & Cover Letter Writing Career Coaching

  • Receive three one-on-one sessions (in-person or by phone/email) lasting one hour each.

  • Obtain resources and assistance in revising or creating one stellar resume.

  • Obtain assistance in creating one cover letter.

  • Cost: $75 ($150 Value)


Resume & Cover Letter Writing Career Consulting

  • We will write one stellar resume and cover letter for you based specifically on your needs and goals.

  • Includes unlimited edits during specified timeframe.

  • Completion of resume and cover letter within one week.

  • Cost: $150 ($300 Value)


To take advantage of this opportunity, email: Jennifer@Pink-Heels.com

 

11 comments:

Anita Revel, author said...

oh yes, Jennifer is definitely a goddess! Great spotting :-)

xx
Anita

Heidi Richards Mooney, Founder Women in Ecommerce said...

Dear Kathleen,

I recently discovered your blog and wanted to say how much I am enjoying the tour! You have an excellent, content-rich resource and I am excited to have found you.

In fact, I have listed your blog in my summer review of Women bloggers to Watch for 2008 at http://virtualwomansday.blogspot.com/. Please stop by and leave a comment.

Many thanks…keep up the great work!

Heidi Richards Mooney, Founder & CEO
Women’s eCommerce Association - http://www.wecai.org

Anonymous said...

While I don't know Jennifer personally, I do know, Kathy, the interviewer...Her recommendation is gold. Now, I've just gotta know all about Pink Heels. :) Kathy is a true artist and renaissance woman. Not to mention a great friend. It's a real pleasure to know her.
Much Warmth,
Deanie DeHaven
Mariposa Ltd

Anita Revel, author said...

oooh Kathleen, you got a message from Heidi too? Heidi's magazine and networking-platform for women is fabulous. I love her work. As I love yours :-)))))

Keep sparkling you scrumptious chocolatier ;-)

xx
Anita

La Vida Cocoa said...

Hi Anita!

Pleasure to have you visit the blog! My customers and readers will feel privileged to "virtually meet you"! At our last "Goddess Event" held at my studio I had your books on hand to share with my customers. Thank you for reminding us how to get back in touch with our inner Goddess and connecting us globally.

Heidi Richards Mooney, Founder Women in Ecommerce said...

Sounds like a mutual admiration society thing going on here... Gee am I glad I found you! Anita is generous in her praise and a wonderful virtual friend.

Hope we can be too... and yes, Kathleen it would be an honor to be interviewed by you. Just say when! you can email me at heidi (at) wecai.org.

Warmest regards,

Heidi

La Vida Cocoa said...

Hi Heidi,

What a nice surprise to have you visit the blog! I will highly recommend my readers to explore your website and "Virtual Woman's Day". I have already left you a comment on your blog. Thank you for your wonderful words of wisdom for all of us and I hope to have the opportunity to meet someday! Kathleen

La Vida Cocoa said...

Deanie,

Thanks so much for the kind kudos! Isn't it amazing how in a "sea of people" on this planet that we can connect and help each other...ahhh the beauty of the blog! I can't wait to see your "Mariposa" creations! Butterflies are beautiful and they always remind me that it's never too late for a transformation!

Anonymous said...

It is amazing who you find while exploring blogs in cyberspace. Jennifer writes for my online magazine, I am one of Anita's Goddess Playshop facilitators and I am an editor for Virtual Woman's Day. LOL!

La Vida Cocoa said...

Hi Nicole!

Small world isn't it? I think it is our destiny as "Goddesses" to unite globally! I think Jennifer from Pink Heels is fabulous, I am joining Heidi's wecai.org and love your blog www.moderngoddessonline.com.
I invite all my readers to check it out and look forward to all of us meeting soon!

Kathy

Pink Heels said...

Apparently I didn't receive an invitation for this love fest! : ) May I join?

I had no idea that all of us knew each other. That is SOOOO COOL!!!

One of these days, we HAVE to all get together in-person. Maybe we can convince Anita to host one of her Goddess Playshops at Pink Heels. Or we can join Nicole in Hong Kong for her upcoming conference/workshop. Oh, the fun!

Hugs to all of you!!!